- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup flax meal + ¼ cup water
- 2 mashed bananas
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- ¼ cup vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 serving Simple Protein : Sacha Inchi Natural
- Preheat oven to 350 Deg F, and line muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- Mix flax and water; allow to sit for 2-3 minutes and then add oil, bananas, sweetener, vanilla, zucchini and almond milk in a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a large bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients and stir, slowly adding the mixture from the other bowl and stirring well.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins, and bake for 26 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before eating (hint: they will be slightly under cooked, which allows for a more moist muffin).
Makes approx. 12 muffins
Calories: 165, Fat: 6.6g, Trans fat: 0, Carbohydrates: 13g, Sugar: 8.8g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 6.1g, Cholesterol: 0
Coconut water has risen to prominence over recent years. You’ll find this tasty, tropical beverage at nearly every health food…
With origins in ancient Rome, cooking with flowers is a culinary tradition enjoyed by cultures worldwide, including China, the Middle…