- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp warm water
- 1½ cups of spelt flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp vegan caramel chunks
- ¼ walnuts pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce – homemade if you can
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups mashed banana
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a bread tin with parchment and grease with coconut oil spray, and set aside.
- Prepare chia egg by adding chia seeds and warm water to a bowl, and then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl except for the caramel chunks and walnut pieces.
- Once the chia egg is ready, combine all wet ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl and stir well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl and mix well.
- Stir until combined, but do not over stir.
- Add caramel and walnuts, and give one final stir!
- Place into the bread tin, and bake for 35 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
There are a lot of misconceptions surrounding veganism. The notion that those who practice it are lacking in protein and…
Did you know that you can greatly reduce inflammation and boost your immune system by simply incorporating more anti-inflammatory foods…