- 1 cup vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbs unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 scoops Epic Protein : Green Kingdom
- 3 Tbs baking powder
- 2 Tbs coconut sugar (or other vegan sugar)
- pinch salt
- 1/4 + 1 Tbs water
- maple syrup, vegan butter or fruit and nuts for toppings
- Begin by making the vegan buttermilk: slowly add the apple cider vinegar into the pre-measured almond milk, stirring thoroughly. Let sit for a couple minutes, and then add the flaxseeds and mix until a smooth consistency.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, slowly incorporating the wet mixture into the dry by adding the water and mixing until a batter forms. (Be careful not to overmix.)
- Make the pancakes by first placing a non-stick pan over medium heat and/or use cooking spray and then pouring the batter onto the pan (roughly 5 inches in diameter).
- Cook the pancakes for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping as soon as bubbles start to form.
- garnish with jam, peanut butter, nuts, vegan butter, syrup and/or fresh fruit.
Save these pancakes for later by letting them cool completely and then placing them into an airtight ziplock bag and in the freezer. When serving later, let them thaw briefly at room temperature before reheating using a microwave, oven or toaster oven.