- 2 Tablespoons golden flax meal
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cups + 2 Tablespoons room temperature vegan butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax meal and the water. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes so the mixture thickens. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl, cream the vegan butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the flax meal mixture, followed by the molasses and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. The dough will be fairly thick. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 1 ½ inch balls. Place them on the cookie sheet, spacing each about 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through baking. These cookies will not brown as they bake so it’s important to pay attention to the baking time otherwise they will come out too hard.
Store cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for about one week or in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to six months.
For thousands of years, all across the world, people have been consuming turmeric. But thanks to social media, the spice’s…
We all know green tea offers numerous health advantages. From low key benefits like increasing alertness to bolder claims like…