For The Crust
- 3 cups fine coconut shreds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 1 tablespoon fresh beet juice- more if you desire a deeper pink or red color
For The Filling
- 1/4 cup melted raw cacao butter- use the double boiler method
- 2 tablespoons fresh beet juice- more if you desire a deeper pink or red color
- 1.5 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh thai coconut meat
- 2 cups cashews- soaked overnight
- 1.5 cups coconut palm sugar -or your favorite sweetener
- 1/2 cup thai coconut water
- 1 large lemon- juiced
- 3 tablespoons rose water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch pink salt
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor until incorporated and fine.
- Pour crust into a round spring form pan and push into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Set in the freezer while you make the filling.
To Make The Filling
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Work quickly with the melted cacao as it will solidify if it goes cold.
- Pour into the spring form pan and place in freezer until it sets- about 3-4 hours.
Top the cake with fresh raspberries, raw white chocolate and coconut butter hearts, pieces of leftover crust, beet pulp, raspberry puree or any other sweet treats you prefer!
Freeze-drying, or lyophilization, is the process of dehydrating already frozen food products. The outcome of this process is the inhibition…
If there is one word that could best describe the process of muscle building, it would be adaptation. But in…