- ½ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao butter discs or chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
For The Chocolate Drizzle
- ¼ cup dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
For The Cacao Dust
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- For the filling, heat a double boiler to medium, add all the ingredients, and whisk together until completely melted.
- Pour the mixture into a small bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes (be sure to whisk every 10 minutes to prevent it from freezing completely).
- For the drizzle, melt the ingredients in a double boiler and whisk together.
- Once the mixture has chilled sufficiently, make the balls by scooping out approximately 1 tablespoon and quickly rolling into a ball.
- Add the dusting of cacao or cocoa and the drizzle, and then place on a small pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Repeat until finished with all the balls.
- Let the truffles fully form by placing the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Makes 12 truffles. Store in the refrigerator.
There are a lot of misconceptions surrounding veganism. The notion that those who practice it are lacking in protein and…
Did you know that you can greatly reduce inflammation and boost your immune system by simply incorporating more anti-inflammatory foods…