These White Chocolate Maple Truffles combine coconut butter, coconut milk, maple syrup and raw cacao into decadent truffle balls that are drizzled with a simple mixture of dark chocolate and coconut oil and then dusted with cacao powder. Enjoy!
For The White Chocolate & Maple Filling
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao butter discs or chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
For The Chocolate Drizzle
- ¼ cup dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
For The Cacao Dust
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- For the filling, heat a double boiler to medium, add all the ingredients, and whisk together until completely melted.
- Pour the mixture into a small bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes (be sure to whisk every 10 minutes to prevent it from freezing completely).
- For the drizzle, melt the ingredients in a double boiler and whisk together.
- Once the mixture has chilled sufficiently, make the balls by scooping out approximately 1 tablespoon and quickly rolling into a ball.
- Add the dusting of cacao or cocoa and the drizzle, and then place on a small pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Repeat until finished with all the balls.
- Let the truffles fully form by placing the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Makes 12 truffles. Store in the refrigerator.