- 4½ tablespoons coconut sugar, powdered, finely ground
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 7 tablespoons potato starch, not potato flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons white rice flour
- ½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- scant ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons raw cashew butter
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 metal cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare the coconut sugar by grinding it to a fine powder using a food blender or coffee grinder, if necessary; add to a large bowl.
- Carefully measure and add the almond flour, potato starch, rice flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl of sugar, whisking very well until everything is thoroughly combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, add the syrup, cashew butter and vanilla, making sure the cashew butter is soft and smooth; whisk until it’s a completely smooth liquid.
- Pour over the dry ingredients slowly while stirring together the batter with a spoon for several minutes, making sure all the flour is incorporated and it becomes really thick and stiff.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into 18 balls and place on the 2 pans (note that the dough is very sticky, so it might help to dampen your hands or lightly dust them with rice flour).
- With damp fingers, press each ball down to approximately ¼ inch thickness.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, depending on thickness of the pan (note that the tops should have poofed up and the edges have a slight crackled effect).
- Let them cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then using a thin spatula, remove them to cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes approx. 18 cookies. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, butter-free, egg-free
Nutrition per cookie: Calories: 129.7 Fat: 6.1 g Carbohydrates: 16.8 g Sugar: 9.2 g Sodium: 77 mg Fiber: .75 g Protein: 2.75 g
For thousands of years, all across the world, people have been consuming turmeric. But thanks to social media, the spice’s…
We all know green tea offers numerous health advantages. From low key benefits like increasing alertness to bolder claims like…