This Vegan Pizza Hummus is a delicious snack that adds all natural and fresh ingredients and spices like tomato puree, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes to the base of blended garbanzo beans. Enjoy!
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 1 1/4 cups tomato puree/sauce
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons runny tahini (28 g)
- Optional toppings olives, fresh basil, red pepper flakes
- Add the garbanzo beans to a food processor and process until they are basically broken up and mashed before adding the tomato puree and blending again until really smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until completely smooth. (The longer you blend, the creamier it will be.)
- Place in a serving bowl and add optional toppings.
Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Low-fat, Nut-free
Nutrition per serving: 264.6 calories, 6 g fat, 13 g protein, 41.6 carbs, 5.5 g sugars