- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup applesauce or pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp filtered water
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup organic smooth peanut butter
For the Ganache
- 1 1/2 cups chopped vegan dark chocolate
- 3 Tbsp organic full fat coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and position rack in center of oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cacao powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk the applesauce, oil, vanilla extract, and water together, and then whisk into the flour mixture until well blended.
- Pour the cake batter into standard sized muffin tins.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp of peanut butter into the center of each one.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx. 15-20 minutes (a toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center) – let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler until smooth with the coconut milk, and whisk until smooth.
- Spread the ganache over the tops of the cupcakes.
Makes about 16 cupcakes.
There are a lot of misconceptions surrounding veganism. The notion that those who practice it are lacking in protein and…
Did you know that you can greatly reduce inflammation and boost your immune system by simply incorporating more anti-inflammatory foods…