- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup applesauce or pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp filtered water
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup organic smooth peanut butter
For the Ganache
- 1 1/2 cups chopped vegan dark chocolate
- 3 Tbsp organic full fat coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and position rack in center of oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cacao powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk the applesauce, oil, vanilla extract, and water together, and then whisk into the flour mixture until well blended.
- Pour the cake batter into standard sized muffin tins.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp of peanut butter into the center of each one.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx. 15-20 minutes (a toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center) – let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler until smooth with the coconut milk, and whisk until smooth.
- Spread the ganache over the tops of the cupcakes.
Makes about 16 cupcakes.
With origins in ancient Rome, cooking with flowers is a culinary tradition enjoyed by cultures worldwide, including China, the Middle…
Over the past several years, meal replacements have become quite the thing. They’re everywhere, from health food markets to convenience…