This Vegan Hot Chocolate combines a liquid base of water and almond milk with a cacao superfood blend of raw cacao, maple syrup, maca, vanilla extract and other spices including cayenne pepper for a touch of heat. Enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- vegan marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or raw coconut sugar/cane sugar)
- 1 teaspoon raw maca powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine the water and almond milk in a medium bowl and bring to a boil momentarily; remove from heat.
- Add all other ingredients (besides the marshmallows!) to your favorite mug.
- Pour the liquid over the mix, whisking thoroughly until the whole mixture is smooth.
- Top with marshmallows.
Made from the dried leaves of a plant called camellia sinensis, tea contains antioxidants, can help boost the immune system,…
Sleep is one of the most important aspects of overall health, but it can also be one of the most…