This Vegan Hot Chocolate combines a liquid base of water and almond milk with a cacao superfood blend of raw cacao, maple syrup, maca, vanilla extract and other spices including cayenne pepper for a touch of heat. Enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- vegan marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or raw coconut sugar/cane sugar)
- 1 teaspoon raw maca powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine the water and almond milk in a medium bowl and bring to a boil momentarily; remove from heat.
- Add all other ingredients (besides the marshmallows!) to your favorite mug.
- Pour the liquid over the mix, whisking thoroughly until the whole mixture is smooth.
- Top with marshmallows.