These vegan Vanilla Blueberry Muffins combine almond and oat flours with vanilla, coconut milk and fresh blueberries for perfectly textured muffins that are soft, moist and full of delicious flavor. Enjoy!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour (88 g)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch (30 g – excellent for binding, rise and moisture)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup low fat “light” canned coconut milk (shake the can really well before measuring)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with 6 foil liners.
- To a large bowl, add the oat flour, almond flour (make sure to break up any lumps before measuring), tapioca, baking powder and salt and whisk very well.
- Make a well in the bottom of the bowl and pour in the syrup, and then the milk and vanilla; lightly stir the liquids in the center before blending with the dry ingredients. Stir just until combined.
- Add in the blueberries and stir gently (don’t over mix as it will get too thick and clumpy).
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or when a toothpick comes out with just a few dry crumbs on it.
- Cool 15 minutes in the pan, so they can firm up.
Makes 6 larger muffins. Store in the refrigerator.
Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, dairy-free, egg-free
Nutrition per muffin with blueberries: 256.6 calories, 11g fat, 7g protein, 37 carbs