- ½ cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, with no additives
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 can “lite” canned coconut milk (substitute with cashew or soy milk if necessary)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and cook the sweet potato on parchment paper for 45 min to an hour or until very soft, depending on the size of your potato (do not steam or boil it, as too much water will be absorbed into it; let it cool a few minutes).
- After cooled, peel the skin off the potato and mash it thoroughly well with a fork. Pack it in the measuring cup (1/2 cup) really well and level off. Add it to a blender.
- Add the peanut butter, syrup, coconut milk, vanilla and salt (if using) to the blender, and blend until completely smooth, thick and creamy.
- If you have an ice cream maker, finish the recipe by using it! 🙂
- Otherwise, add your blended ice cream base to a well insulated ice cream storage container and place in the freezer.
- Set a timer for 1 hour and stir the ice cream around really well, as the edges will start to firm up first. Add back to the freezer and do this every 30 minutes until it is solid or at your desired consistency, approximately 2-3 hours, depending on your freezer temp (note that if you let it freeze overnight, you will need to let it sit out at room temperature for about 15 minutes or so to soften a bit before eating).
- Optional Drizzle a chocolate sauce of your choice on top.
Serving size: ½ cup
Nutrition Info Calories: 312.4 Fat: 19.8 g Carbohydrates: 24.1 g Sugar: 17.8 g Sodium: 115.3 mg Fiber: 3.5 g Protein: 8.2 g
There are a lot of misconceptions surrounding veganism. The notion that those who practice it are lacking in protein and…
Did you know that you can greatly reduce inflammation and boost your immune system by simply incorporating more anti-inflammatory foods…