This Superfood Lemon Kale Beet Salad combines fresh beets that are drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper with red onion, kale and cilantro for a delicious & fresh salad packed with antioxidants and immune-boosting vitamin C. Enjoy!
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 large fresh beets
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 spring fresh rosemary
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head kale, finely chopped and stems removed
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- pinch fresh lemon zest
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set the beets, garlic and rosemary on a large piece of parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil, water, a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Fold the parchment paper into a pouch and fold over the edges to seal the beets inside.
- Transfer to the oven and cook until beets are tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- Rub the skins from the beets using a paper towel once the beets are cooled then thinly slice the beets and garlic (or cut into cubes).
- Transfer to a large bowl with 2 Tbsp. remaining olive oil and the remaining ingredients; gently toss to combine and serve. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
Makes approx. 4 servings
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Sugar-Free, Paleo, Grain-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian