- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 large fresh beets
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 spring fresh rosemary
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head kale, finely chopped and stems removed
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- pinch fresh lemon zest
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set the beets, garlic and rosemary on a large piece of parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil, water, a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Fold the parchment paper into a pouch and fold over the edges to seal the beets inside.
- Transfer to the oven and cook until beets are tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- Rub the skins from the beets using a paper towel once the beets are cooled then thinly slice the beets and garlic (or cut into cubes).
- Transfer to a large bowl with 2 Tbsp. remaining olive oil and the remaining ingredients; gently toss to combine and serve. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
Makes approx. 4 servings
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Sugar-Free, Paleo, Grain-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
There are a lot of misconceptions surrounding veganism. The notion that those who practice it are lacking in protein and…
Did you know that you can greatly reduce inflammation and boost your immune system by simply incorporating more anti-inflammatory foods…