Only 8 wholesome ingredients are needed for these Strawberry Shortcake Freezer Bars! They’re the perfect summertime treat to keep on hand.
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp date syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 scoop Epic Protein : Pro Collagen
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Add all the crust ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until everything is well incorporated.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and press crust firmly into the bottom, using one corner for a square shape. I didn’t fill the whole dish, but try and create a square or rectangle of even thickness.
- Freeze for at least 30 min.
- While the crust is freezing, make your topping.
- In a food processor or blender, blend together the coconut cream and strawberries. I like to keep it a little textured. (You can add sweetener if you’d like)
- Pour the topping onto the crust and freeze again. This time, freeze for at least an hour.
- Slice, enjoy and store in freezer!!
ABOUT THE CHEF
This is a guest recipe from Danielle Bear (@cacaoforcoconuts_). Danielle is a food lover on a mission to fuel her body and mind through a healthy lifestyle. She’s inspired by the beauty in everything, especially pretty food and hopes to create nourishing recipes that everyone can appreciate and enjoy.