- 1 large bunch kale, wash, de-stem and tear into large pieces (around 5-6 stalks)
- 1 cup cashews*
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon spirulina
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- celtic sea salt to taste
- Wash kale thoroughly.
- Remove the tough spine of kale and tear into bite size pieces, keeping in mind that they will shrink in size as they dehydrate.
- Place in large bowl, sprinkle lightly with celtic sea salt and set aside.
- Place rest of ingredients into a blender of your choice and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over kale chips in large mixing bowl, cover kale with dressing, make sure you massage mixture thoroughly into kale, for 1-2 minutes until kale is coated thoroughly.
- Scatter kale chips fairly evenly onto dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate on screens at 115 degrees fahrenheit, for 11-13 hours or until crisp.
Gluten-free, Wheat-free, Raw, Vegan, Sugar-free, Nut-free, Soy-free
To make these in the oven, scatter kale chips onto oven rack and put oven on lowest temperature, you will have to watch the kale chips on and off through out the drying period as every oven is different and the temperatures vary. Be sure to keep door slightly open (you can use a spoon).
Eating right isn’t only vital for your physical health, but your mental health as well. Food can directly affect everything…
Whether you’re brand new to the lifestyle or you’ve been vegan for many years, the holiday season can be tough.…