- 2 tablespoons Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup oat flour (112 g, 4 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- To make oat flour, process 1 ¼ cups of gluten-free quick cooking oats in a food processor. Process until finely ground for a couple of minutes. If you have any extra, use it in a smoothie. Make sure to only measure out 1 cup of oat flour.
- Add the protein powder, oat flour, cinnamon and cream of tartar to a medium bowl and whisk well.
- In a separate cup or small bowl, add the syrup, almond butter and vanilla. Stir and pour over the dry ingredients.
- Stir the batter for a couple of minutes with a spoon continually pressing it with the back of the spoon. It will seem too dry, but keep pressing and it will all come together. You don’t want the batter too wet or the balls won’t hold properly.
- Add the cinnamon sugar ingredients to a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Using a tablespoon or melon ball scooper, form balls with your hands and roll them into the cinnamon sugar. Store at room temperature in an airtight container to stay perfectly soft or in the fridge to become firm. I like mine at room temperature. These are best eaten within the first 24 hours, which shouldn’t be a problem! (They start to dry out after 24 hours)
- For best results, roll each protein bite in the cinnamon sugar mixture immediately after forming into balls. If you create all of the bites at once and roll them in the mixture after, the some will begin to dry on the outside and will not coat evenly.
- Try substituting cashew butter for the almond butter for variation. To make your own raw nut butters, simply process your nuts of choice in a food processor for 8-12 minutes. Add a dash of sea salt and a sweetener of choice to taste (agave, maple syrup, etc). If the mixture isn’t becoming as creamy as you’d like, add a small amount of gluten-free oil to the processor.
- Make a double or triple batch if serving more than 3 or 4, otherwise everyone will be fighting over the last one!
*Gluten-free, Oil-free, No-bake
Boost Any Recipe
One of the easiest and healthiest ways to get healthier skin is to increase your consumption of plant-based foods and…
Eating right isn’t only vital for your physical health, but your mental health as well. Food can directly affect everything…