Chef:Food By Maria
This Raw Superfood Nice Cream Cake is as delicious and nutritious as it is beautiful, combining dates, coconut, cacao powder, matcha powder and fresh fruit with our Epic Vanilla Lucuma for a healthy vegan dessert with over 10 grams of plant protein. Enjoy!
- 10 medjool dates (pitted, and soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- ½ soaked cup of nuts (I used walnuts/cashews)
- 2 tbsp. of shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
Cake Filling / Layer 1
- 3 organic ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp Matcha Maiden Matcha Powder
Cake Filling / Layer 2
- 1 cup of organic strawberries
- 1 cup of organic raspberries
- 2 banans
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp Epic Vanilla Lucuma
- Add all of the base ingredients to a food processor, and pulse gently (until it becomes a sticky mixture; don’t worry if it seems too sticky).
- Remove the mixture, and using your hands (wet your fingers), press it into the bottom of a pie tin/spring form cake pan.
- Blend all of the Layer 1 ingredients for the first layer.
- Pour this layer on top of your crust and into the cake pan. Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes before adding next layer.
- Clean your blender, and then blend all Layer 2 ingredients and add to cake (after 30 minutes of letting the first sit!).
- Let the cake sit overnight in the freezer before eating.
- Wake up, and enjoy!
Note that you get creative with the two filling layers. Try adding different berries, apples or even fruit juices to the mix!