- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried mulberries
- 2/3 cup lightly packed dates, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maca powder
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mesquite powder
- 1 teaspoon baobob powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs, optional
For The Fudgey Chocolate Coating
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons coconut sugar, ground in a coffee grinder
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup warm water
- For the Superfood Squares, grind the almonds, cashews, pistachios, and mulberries down to crumbs in a food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the water and cacao nibs. Process until broken down.
- Add the water and pulse to combine.
- Add the cacao nibs and pulse in.
- Press into an 8×8″ pan (I pressed them into 3/4 of the pan to make them thicker).
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours and then slice into squares.
- Chill in the freezer until ready to dip them into the chocolate.
- For the fudgey chocolate coating, combine all ingredients in a high speed blender until completely smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into a bowl that is sitting over a pot of hot water.
- Dunk each square into the chocolate, lift out with a fork and set on a parchment paper lined tray.
- Allow to set in the freezer.
- Sprinkle with lucuma powder before eating.
Protein shakes and protein powders can be a great way to supplement your diet, especially for athletes. But when is…
There’s always room for improvement in life, but improvement isn’t possible without stepping outside of our comfort zones. And although…