- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried mulberries
- 2/3 cup lightly packed dates, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maca powder
- 2 tablespoons lucuma powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mesquite powder
- 1 teaspoon baobob powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs, optional
For The Fudgey Chocolate Coating
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons coconut sugar, ground in a coffee grinder
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup warm water
- For the Superfood Squares, grind the almonds, cashews, pistachios, and mulberries down to crumbs in a food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the water and cacao nibs. Process until broken down.
- Add the water and pulse to combine.
- Add the cacao nibs and pulse in.
- Press into an 8×8″ pan (I pressed them into 3/4 of the pan to make them thicker).
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours and then slice into squares.
- Chill in the freezer until ready to dip them into the chocolate.
- For the fudgey chocolate coating, combine all ingredients in a high speed blender until completely smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into a bowl that is sitting over a pot of hot water.
- Dunk each square into the chocolate, lift out with a fork and set on a parchment paper lined tray.
- Allow to set in the freezer.
- Sprinkle with lucuma powder before eating.
With origins in ancient Rome, cooking with flowers is a culinary tradition enjoyed by cultures worldwide, including China, the Middle…
Over the past several years, meal replacements have become quite the thing. They’re everywhere, from health food markets to convenience…