- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons water (more or less as needed)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Add the quinoa and buckwheat to a high speed blender and grind into a flour.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in the blender, except the chocolate chips. (If it’s still very crumbly and dry, add some dates or more water in 1 teaspoon amounts until the mix is moist and holds together when you press it with your fingers.)
- Add the chocolate chips and mix them in evenly.
- If you want to gently bake the cookies, add some dates and a little more water to the mix, then bake at 200 degrees (or use a dehydrator) for 30 minutes or until they get crunchy on the outside. (This is nice because you end up with warm cookies!)
Dairy free, soy free, gluten free.
With origins in ancient Rome, cooking with flowers is a culinary tradition enjoyed by cultures worldwide, including China, the Middle…
Over the past several years, meal replacements have become quite the thing. They’re everywhere, from health food markets to convenience…