This Protein Matcha Banana Bread combines ripe bananas, rolled oats, tigernut flour, moringa and matcha powders, nut milk and our Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma for a delicious snack with a unique green tea/nutty flavor, a decadently moist texture and a nutritional profile packed with pure, complete protein and extra nutritious, whole superfoods. Enjoy!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats (pulsed in blender for about 30 seconds or until they turn into powder OR 1/2 cup coconut flour for paleo version)
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour
- 1 serving Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma
- 1 tbs Moringa powder
- 1 tbs matcha
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs (or vegan egg replacement: just combine 1 tbs. chia seeds or flaxseed meal with 2.5 tbs. water, mix and let set for 5 minutes to activate)
- 1/3 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds and chopped almonds for topping
- Optional: serve with almond butter drizzle and a side of cashew milk matcha latte
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and lightly grease a 9-inch loaf pan with oil (tigernut or coconut works best!).
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a medium-sized bowl before adding nut butter, eggs (or egg replacement) and nut milk – mix well.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a separate bowl and mix thoroughly (flour, Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma, matcha, moringa, baking soda and salt)
- Combine the dry mix into the banana mix bowl.
- Pour this mixture into the greased pan and top with pumpkin seeds and chopped almonds.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry).