- 1/2 cup soft medjool dates, pitted (soaked in filtered water for 30 minutes if not soft and drained well)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium sweet apple, diced
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw pecan butter, warmed to liquid
- 1 cup raw rolled oats
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup FD Red Clover & Daikon Radish Sprout Mix
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup sprouted, dehydrated buckwheat groats
- 1 cup raw pecans, chopped
For The Chocolate Drizzle
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup raw coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw coconut nectar, or agave nectar (or your favorite liquid raw sweetener)
- a pinch sea salt
- In a food processor, combine the dates, sea salt, apple, vanilla extract, and pecan butter and process until smooth.
- Add the oats, flax seed and FD Red Clover & Daikon Radish Sprout Mix and process until well combined.
- Add the chia seeds and buckwheat groats and process briefly just to incorporate (so that there is still texture).
- Remove the mixture, knead in pecans and spread out on a lined dehydrator tray, making the bars approximately 1/2 inch thick in a square (to help shape the bars, try using a bench scraper and an oiled rolling pin).
- Cut into 12 bars, and place in the dehydrator.
- Dry for about 12 hours at 115F until dry but still chewy.
- Right before the bars are done, make the chocolate drizzle by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the bars, and then place the finished bars in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the chocolate.
Makes 12 bars. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
With origins in ancient Rome, cooking with flowers is a culinary tradition enjoyed by cultures worldwide, including China, the Middle…
Over the past several years, meal replacements have become quite the thing. They’re everywhere, from health food markets to convenience…