- 1/2 cup soft medjool dates, pitted (soaked in filtered water for 30 minutes if not soft and drained well)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium sweet apple, diced
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw pecan butter, warmed to liquid
- 1 cup raw rolled oats
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup FD Red Clover & Daikon Radish Sprout Mix
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup sprouted, dehydrated buckwheat groats
- 1 cup raw pecans, chopped
For The Chocolate Drizzle
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup raw coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw coconut nectar, or agave nectar (or your favorite liquid raw sweetener)
- a pinch sea salt
- In a food processor, combine the dates, sea salt, apple, vanilla extract, and pecan butter and process until smooth.
- Add the oats, flax seed and FD Red Clover & Daikon Radish Sprout Mix and process until well combined.
- Add the chia seeds and buckwheat groats and process briefly just to incorporate (so that there is still texture).
- Remove the mixture, knead in pecans and spread out on a lined dehydrator tray, making the bars approximately 1/2 inch thick in a square (to help shape the bars, try using a bench scraper and an oiled rolling pin).
- Cut into 12 bars, and place in the dehydrator.
- Dry for about 12 hours at 115F until dry but still chewy.
- Right before the bars are done, make the chocolate drizzle by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the bars, and then place the finished bars in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the chocolate.
Makes 12 bars. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Made from the dried leaves of a plant called camellia sinensis, tea contains antioxidants, can help boost the immune system,…
Sleep is one of the most important aspects of overall health, but it can also be one of the most…