This Peanut Butter Caramel recipe uses only a few ingredients – pure maple syrup, natural peanut butter and vanilla extract – to create a simple, yet decadent sauce that can be used on anything from pancakes to brownies. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt, if your peanut butter has none
- water to thin, if desired
- In a small sauce pan, add all of the ingredients and turn the heat to medium. Whisk well as it warms up and the ingredients become smooth.
- Once it comes to a boil, whisk continuously for about a minute or so until it starts to thicken up (note that the longer you cook it, the thicker it will get).
- Remove from the heat and let it slightly cool before serving.
Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free