- 1 cup gooey dried figs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
For the Filling
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in water for 3 hours then rinsed)
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped red beet
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 peeled and chopped orange
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- For the crust, blend the figs and almond flour together until you get a sticky, very thick paste that’s similar to heavy dough.
- Press into lined tart tins. (If the dough is too sticky when you’re trying to press it into the tart tins, just wet your fingers a little.)
- For the filling, blend all ingredients together until smooth and thick consistency.
- Pour into your tart crusts and refrigerate overnight.
- optional Garnish with chopped pistachios.
Makes three large tarts.
With origins in ancient Rome, cooking with flowers is a culinary tradition enjoyed by cultures worldwide, including China, the Middle…
Over the past several years, meal replacements have become quite the thing. They’re everywhere, from health food markets to convenience…