- 1 cup gooey dried figs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
For the Filling
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in water for 3 hours then rinsed)
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped red beet
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 peeled and chopped orange
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- For the crust, blend the figs and almond flour together until you get a sticky, very thick paste that’s similar to heavy dough.
- Press into lined tart tins. (If the dough is too sticky when you’re trying to press it into the tart tins, just wet your fingers a little.)
- For the filling, blend all ingredients together until smooth and thick consistency.
- Pour into your tart crusts and refrigerate overnight.
- optional Garnish with chopped pistachios.
Makes three large tarts.
Protein shakes and protein powders can be a great way to supplement your diet, especially for athletes. But when is…
There’s always room for improvement in life, but improvement isn’t possible without stepping outside of our comfort zones. And although…