Chef:Emily von Euw
These tasty little snacks are a combination of oat cookies made with oats, cashews and coconut oil and a super fresh berry jam that adds chia seeds and dates for a beautiful texture and perfectly sweet taste. Enjoy!
For the Cookies
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup oats (I used plain rolled oats, you can find raw oats if you like)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Jam
- 1/2 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 dates, cut into small pieces
- Water, as needed (I used about 3 tablespoons)
- To make the cookies, process all the ingredients except the oats together in a food processor until they form a thick, chunky kind of cashew butter.
- Add the oats and pulse until it all starts sticking together.
- Form into thumbprint cookies and put in the fridge for a few hours so they can set.
- To make the cookies, put all the ingredients except the chia seeds in a food processor and process until it’s as smooth as desired.
- Mix in the chia seeds with a spoon, then fill each thumbprint cookie with the jam.
Made from the dried leaves of a plant called camellia sinensis, tea contains antioxidants, can help boost the immune system,…
Sleep is one of the most important aspects of overall health, but it can also be one of the most…