These Nutty Raw Brownies are made by blending raw pecans and almonds with stone-ground pumpkin seed butter, maple syrup and coconut sugar and then are topped off with a delicious Raspberry Glaze that is a simple combination of fresh raspberries and agave syrup. Enjoy!
For the Brownies
- 1 heaping cup raw pecan halves (120 g)
- 1 heaping cup whole raw almonds (150 g) 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (46 g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (helps with the texture and flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed (21 g)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or agave) (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seed butter (can be substituted with almond butter if necessary)
For the Raspberry Glaze
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1-2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Place the pecans and walnuts inside your food processor and blend into a flour (roughly 10 seconds; be sure not to overprocess as it will turn into butter).
- Add the cacao powder, sugar, salt and flaxseed and blend just until mixed (another 10 seconds).
- Add the syrup/agave and pumpkin seed butter and blend just until it all comes together in a ball (another 5-10 seconds; don’t overprocess).
- Line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper hanging over the sides. Add the mixture to the pan; flatten out to the edges. (I used a rubber spatula to help press the mixture down. It will be very sticky, so be patient. It also will help to dampen your fingers with water.)
- Once the mixture is spread out, overlap the paper over the mixture and press down really flat and hard, smoothing it out to the corners. This will help form the bars and make the mixture hold. Place to firm up in the freezer for an hour.
- Remove from the freezer and pull out with the parchment paper. Slice into 8 bars.
- Wrap each bar in plastic wrap and keep stored in the freezer or fridge. (I like mine straight from the fridge as they are chewy and edible that way, but the fridge works too, they will just be slightly softer.)
- To make the glaze, simply blend the raspberries with the syrup in a food processor until very smooth. Strain through a strainer to catch all the seeds, pressing through with a spoon. Place in the fridge to firm up a bit, or you can add tapioca or a thickener. (I added a tiny bit of cocoa powder to mine. It will thicken up in the fridge.
Vegan, Gluten-free, Raw and Oil-free