- 1 1/2 cups almonds (soaked 8-12 hours)
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 2/3 cup buckwheat groats (soaked 2-4 hours)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (soaked 4-6 hours)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut or coconut flakes (if using coconut flakes, process them along with the nuts)
- 1 cup goji berries (soaked 5-10 minutes in just enough water to cover them)
- 1/3 cup dried pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pitted, packed medjool dates
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons goji berry (soak water)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean powder
- Rinse and drain the nuts, seeds and buckwheat thoroughly.
- Place the cashews and almonds in a food processor and blend very lightly.
- In a small bowl, add these chopped nuts to the buckwheat, coconut, goji berries, and pomegranate.
- Place the dates in a food processor and blend thoroughly for a smooth, paste-like consistency. Then add the sweetener, coconut oil, soak water and vanilla bean and continue blending until thoroughly smooth.
- Add this mixture to the small bowl of nuts and fruit and toss well.
- Spread on to 2 dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 145 degrees F for 1 hour and then at 115 degrees F for 26-30 hours, or until dry and crunchy.
Garnish with berries or banana if desired.
One of the easiest and healthiest ways to get healthier skin is to increase your consumption of plant-based foods and…
Eating right isn’t only vital for your physical health, but your mental health as well. Food can directly affect everything…