- 1 1/2 cups almonds (soaked 8-12 hours)
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 2/3 cup buckwheat groats (soaked 2-4 hours)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (soaked 4-6 hours)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut or coconut flakes (if using coconut flakes, process them along with the nuts)
- 1 cup goji berries (soaked 5-10 minutes in just enough water to cover them)
- 1/3 cup dried pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pitted, packed medjool dates
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons goji berry (soak water)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean powder
- Rinse and drain the nuts, seeds and buckwheat thoroughly.
- Place the cashews and almonds in a food processor and blend very lightly.
- In a small bowl, add these chopped nuts to the buckwheat, coconut, goji berries, and pomegranate.
- Place the dates in a food processor and blend thoroughly for a smooth, paste-like consistency. Then add the sweetener, coconut oil, soak water and vanilla bean and continue blending until thoroughly smooth.
- Add this mixture to the small bowl of nuts and fruit and toss well.
- Spread on to 2 dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 145 degrees F for 1 hour and then at 115 degrees F for 26-30 hours, or until dry and crunchy.
Garnish with berries or banana if desired.
Eating right isn’t only vital for your physical health, but your mental health as well. Food can directly affect everything…
Whether you’re brand new to the lifestyle or you’ve been vegan for many years, the holiday season can be tough.…