This recipe creates a deliciously sweet and spicy snack by combining diced sweet potatoes that are covered in spices with a Mexican tahini sauce that uses several different spices as well as fresh lime juice and maple syrup to develop an amazingly deep flavor. Enjoy!
For the Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- Pinches of salt, chili powder & cumin
For the Tahini Dip
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
v1 teaspoon chili powder (add more for extra spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (don’t omit, it balances the acidity and enhances the spice flavor)
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat an oven to 415 degrees and line a sheetpan with parchment paper. (Do not use foil!)
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes and spread out evenly on the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, place greens.
- Season generously with salt, chili powder and cumin.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until fork tender.
- Turn broil on for just a couple of minutes to brown the tops, watching closely to not burn.
- While potatoes are baking, prepare the dip by adding all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisking well until the dip is thick and smooth.
- Taste and add any more chili powder or spices if you want it extra spicy. (Thin out by adding a little bit of water.)
Gluten-free, Raw and Oil-free