This Mexican Chocolate Sweet Potato Pudding is a truly unique, vegan take on classic chocolate pudding that combines sweet potatoes, cinnamon, cocoa powder and more for a delicious and guiltless dessert. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups packed cooked mashed orange sweet potatoes
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (25 g)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (32 g)
- ½ tablespoon strong cinnamon
- 1/16th-1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon stevia*
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and then bake the sweet potatoes on parchment paper for 45 minutes (baking will keep the moist and sweet!)
- Peel the potatoes after cooling, and then mash with a fork.
- Measure 1.5 cups-worth and then process in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process for a couple of minutes until completely smooth, making sure to scrape the sides and process completely.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours to let cool.
Makes 23 servings.
*Note: the stevia can be substituted with another approx. 2-3 teaspoons of coconut sugar.