- 2-3 cups kale, de-stemmed
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 7 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1-2 large carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin/pepita seeds (or sunflower seeds etc.)
- 1/4 cup puréed pumpkin (not the pie filling)
- 3 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- For the salad base, combine kale and fresh lemon juice in a large bowl, making sure all the leaves are covered. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the lemon juice to soften the kale.
- For the dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add the cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, red onion, brown rice/quinoa and pumpkin seeds to the larger bowl.
- Pour over your desired amount of dressing, and mix well.
Makes 1 large or 2 small servings. Store extra dressing in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Made from the dried leaves of a plant called camellia sinensis, tea contains antioxidants, can help boost the immune system,…
Sleep is one of the most important aspects of overall health, but it can also be one of the most…