This Kale Glow Bowl combines a bowl of fresh kale, purple cabbage, tomatoes, carrots and other vegetables and seeds with a delicious pumpkin dressing made from puréed pumpkin, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and garlic. Enjoy!
- 2-3 cups kale, de-stemmed
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 7 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1-2 large carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin/pepita seeds (or sunflower seeds etc.)
- 1/4 cup puréed pumpkin (not the pie filling)
- 3 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- For the salad base, combine kale and fresh lemon juice in a large bowl, making sure all the leaves are covered. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the lemon juice to soften the kale.
- For the dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add the cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, red onion, brown rice/quinoa and pumpkin seeds to the larger bowl.
- Pour over your desired amount of dressing, and mix well.
Makes 1 large or 2 small servings. Store extra dressing in the refrigerator for up to a week.