- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 Tbsp matcha powder
- 4 cups young coconut meat (If unavailable, you may substitute 4 cups raw cashews, soaked 4 hours and drained)
- 1/2 cup raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- seeds of one vanilla bean or 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid
For The Swirl
- 1 1/2 cups fresh organic strawberries
- 2 Tbsp raw coconut nectar
- pinch sea salt
- For the ice cream, add the coconut water, matcha, coconut, coconut nectar, vanilla, and sea salt to a high speed blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- With the processor running, add the coconut oil slowly and process until well incorporated, about a minute.
- Pour the strained mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to directions.
- For the swirl, combine all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- When ice cream has finished churning, remove from ice cream maker, and pour 1/3 of it into a freezer safe container with a lid.
- Spoon some of the swirl over, and then pour half of the remaining ice cream. Repeat again until the swirl and ice cream are all combined.
- Cover and let sit in the freezer for at least four hours or overnight to firm up to scoopable consistency.
Makes about 6 cups.
With origins in ancient Rome, cooking with flowers is a culinary tradition enjoyed by cultures worldwide, including China, the Middle…
Over the past several years, meal replacements have become quite the thing. They’re everywhere, from health food markets to convenience…