- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 Tbsp matcha powder
- 4 cups young coconut meat (If unavailable, you may substitute 4 cups raw cashews, soaked 4 hours and drained)
- 1/2 cup raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- seeds of one vanilla bean or 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid
For The Swirl
- 1 1/2 cups fresh organic strawberries
- 2 Tbsp raw coconut nectar
- pinch sea salt
- For the ice cream, add the coconut water, matcha, coconut, coconut nectar, vanilla, and sea salt to a high speed blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- With the processor running, add the coconut oil slowly and process until well incorporated, about a minute.
- Pour the strained mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to directions.
- For the swirl, combine all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- When ice cream has finished churning, remove from ice cream maker, and pour 1/3 of it into a freezer safe container with a lid.
- Spoon some of the swirl over, and then pour half of the remaining ice cream. Repeat again until the swirl and ice cream are all combined.
- Cover and let sit in the freezer for at least four hours or overnight to firm up to scoopable consistency.
Makes about 6 cups.
For thousands of years, all across the world, people have been consuming turmeric. But thanks to social media, the spice’s…
We all know green tea offers numerous health advantages. From low key benefits like increasing alertness to bolder claims like…