- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked (I used tricolor quinoa)
- 2 cups water (or vegetable broth for extra flavor)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or 1 tablespoon coconut oil, if you cook with oil)
- 1/3 of an onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup edamame, frozen
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
Tahini Lemon Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- sea salt, to taste
- For the salad base, add the quinoa and water to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and leave covered for 15 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed.
- In a separate pan, heat the vegetable broth and sauté the onions with the garlic for approximately 2 minutes. Add the frozen edamame and zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the kale last and cook about 1 minute until softened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and then turn off heat.
- For the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Scoop the quinoa into a bowl, top with the vegetable mixture and drizzle on the dressing.
For thousands of years, all across the world, people have been consuming turmeric. But thanks to social media, the spice’s…
We all know green tea offers numerous health advantages. From low key benefits like increasing alertness to bolder claims like…