This Green Goddess Glow Bowl is a beautiful combination of quinoa and a variety of vegetables including onion, garlic, zucchini and kale that is topped with a creamy and tangy tahini lemon dressing. Enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked (I used tricolor quinoa)
- 2 cups water (or vegetable broth for extra flavor)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or 1 tablespoon coconut oil, if you cook with oil)
- 1/3 of an onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup edamame, frozen
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
Tahini Lemon Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- sea salt, to taste
- For the salad base, add the quinoa and water to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and leave covered for 15 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed.
- In a separate pan, heat the vegetable broth and sauté the onions with the garlic for approximately 2 minutes. Add the frozen edamame and zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the kale last and cook about 1 minute until softened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and then turn off heat.
- For the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Scoop the quinoa into a bowl, top with the vegetable mixture and drizzle on the dressing.