- One 10 oz bag of frozen peas (280 g which is 1 3/4 full cups)
- 1/2 cup water, add more as needed
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tablespoons dark red wine balsamic vinegar (depending on how bold you want the flavor)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 oz of baby kale (about 3 heaping cups)
- 12 oz gluten-free brown rice spiral pasta (this type of pasta works best with this pesto)
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. While it is cooking follow the next steps.
- Add the peas, water, garlic, nutritional yeast, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to a large pan and turn the heat to medium.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until almost all the water has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked mixture to a food processor with the greens, in batches, until pureed and smooth.
- Add the warm pasta water to reach desired consistency. (I added about 2 more tablespoons.)
- Serve over the pasta.
*Gluten-free, oil-free, vegan, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free if leave off the walnuts garnish
*Nutrition per serving with pasta (1 cup): 417.5 calories, 3.25 g fat, 14 g protein, 85.5 carbs
*Nutrition on just pesto: 102.5 calories, .25 g fat, 8 g protein, 18 carbs
Coconut water has risen to prominence over recent years. You’ll find this tasty, tropical beverage at nearly every health food…
With origins in ancient Rome, cooking with flowers is a culinary tradition enjoyed by cultures worldwide, including China, the Middle…