- One 10 oz bag of frozen peas (280 g which is 1 3/4 full cups)
- 1/2 cup water, add more as needed
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tablespoons dark red wine balsamic vinegar (depending on how bold you want the flavor)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 oz of baby kale (about 3 heaping cups)
- 12 oz gluten-free brown rice spiral pasta (this type of pasta works best with this pesto)
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. While it is cooking follow the next steps.
- Add the peas, water, garlic, nutritional yeast, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to a large pan and turn the heat to medium.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until almost all the water has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked mixture to a food processor with the greens, in batches, until pureed and smooth.
- Add the warm pasta water to reach desired consistency. (I added about 2 more tablespoons.)
- Serve over the pasta.
*Gluten-free, oil-free, vegan, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free if leave off the walnuts garnish
*Nutrition per serving with pasta (1 cup): 417.5 calories, 3.25 g fat, 14 g protein, 85.5 carbs
*Nutrition on just pesto: 102.5 calories, .25 g fat, 8 g protein, 18 carbs
Eating right isn’t only vital for your physical health, but your mental health as well. Food can directly affect everything…
Whether you’re brand new to the lifestyle or you’ve been vegan for many years, the holiday season can be tough.…