These Fig & Date Bars are full of flavor and wholesome vegan ingredients including our Simple Pea Protein. The recipe comes together quickly in a food processor and requires no baking!
- 1 cup oats, blended
- 1/4 cup Simple Protein : Pea
- 2 tbsp date syrup (or maple syrup)
- 2 dates, soaked
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Oat milk (~1 tbsp)
Fig & Date Layer
- 6 dates (1 cup), soaked
- 1 cup dried figs
- Almond butter (for topping)
- Pit and soak dates for at least 30 minutes to soften.
- Add all base ingredients into the food processor. Add nut milk or oat milk to create desired consistency. You want it to be able to stick together when pressed down into baking dish.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Press base layer down evenly and firmly. Set aside while you make the next layer.
- Roughly clean food processor. Add dates and figs. Blend to a paste while keeping some texture.
- Spread the fig and date layer over the base.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- Transfer to fridge until ready to serve.
- Add the almond butter, slice and enjoy!
ABOUT THE CHEF
This is a guest recipe from Danielle Bear (@cacaoforcoconuts_). Danielle is a food lover on a mission to fuel her body and mind through a healthy lifestyle. She’s inspired by the beauty in everything, especially pretty food and hopes to create nourishing recipes that everyone can appreciate and enjoy.