- 1 cup slow-cooking long grain brown rice
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups red quinoa, rinsed well
- Add all ingredients, except quinoa, to a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring well the entire time. Once boiling, turn down to simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the quinoa and bring back to a boil.
- Once boiling, return the lid, turn down to simmer and cook an additional 25-30 minutes until all of the water has evaporated.
- Turn the heat off and fluff with a fork. (Feel free to garnish with fresh squeezed lemon and veggies, as desired.)
Yields approximately 11 cups. Serving size is 1 cup.
Gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free
Nutrition per 1 cup serving: 177.4 calories, 2.5g fat, 5g protein, 33.8 carbs
Freeze-drying, or lyophilization, is the process of dehydrating already frozen food products. The outcome of this process is the inhibition…
If there is one word that could best describe the process of muscle building, it would be adaptation. But in…