- 1 3/4 lbs chopped yukon gold potatoes, about 5 heaping cups (plus a couple extra for toasting as garnish)
- 2 lbs chopped sweet potatoes, about 6 heaping cups
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced (about a tablespoon, add more if desired)
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt, to taste
- Chop all potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and mince the garlic. Place in a large pot.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir well. Bring to a boil, then immediately turn to low and cover. Cook for 20-25 mins, or until the potatoes are completely tender.
- Blend with an immersion blender to a creamy consistency. Or you can use a regular blender, just don’t blend it too long into a complete liquid. Taste and add any more salt if desired.
- Chop up a couple more yukon gold potatoes and broil them until golden brown (5-10 mins).
- Garnish soup with broiled potatoes and green onions. Enjoy!
- Good source of iron
- High in potassium
- High in Vitamin C
- Boosts collagen levels
*Gluten-free, Oil-free, Nut-free, Soy-free
Freeze-drying, or lyophilization, is the process of dehydrating already frozen food products. The outcome of this process is the inhibition…
If there is one word that could best describe the process of muscle building, it would be adaptation. But in…