- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or your preferred non-dairy milk)
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
For The Toppings
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp orange juice
- chopped pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350F, lightly spray a doughnut pan, and then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, coconut, baking powder, and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk together sugar, apple sauce, canola oil, orange juice, coconut milk, and zest in a small bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
- With a piping bag (or spoon) fill doughnut cavities ⅔ full. Bake 12-13 minutes, until lightly golden and doughnut springs back when gently touched.
- Allow doughnuts to cool ten minutes before removing from the pan. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the orange glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and orange juice with a whisk until desired consistency; it should be thick, but not clumpy.
- Dip the top half of each doughnut in the orange glaze and top with crushed pistachios.
Makes 10 doughnuts. Prep time: 20 min.; Total time: 32 min.
Made from the dried leaves of a plant called camellia sinensis, tea contains antioxidants, can help boost the immune system,…
Sleep is one of the most important aspects of overall health, but it can also be one of the most…