- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or your preferred non-dairy milk)
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
For The Toppings
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp orange juice
- chopped pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350F, lightly spray a doughnut pan, and then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, coconut, baking powder, and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk together sugar, apple sauce, canola oil, orange juice, coconut milk, and zest in a small bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
- With a piping bag (or spoon) fill doughnut cavities ⅔ full. Bake 12-13 minutes, until lightly golden and doughnut springs back when gently touched.
- Allow doughnuts to cool ten minutes before removing from the pan. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the orange glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and orange juice with a whisk until desired consistency; it should be thick, but not clumpy.
- Dip the top half of each doughnut in the orange glaze and top with crushed pistachios.
Makes 10 doughnuts. Prep time: 20 min.; Total time: 32 min.
For thousands of years, all across the world, people have been consuming turmeric. But thanks to social media, the spice’s…
We all know green tea offers numerous health advantages. From low key benefits like increasing alertness to bolder claims like…