These Coconut Lime Doughnut Holes combine dried coconut, flaxseeds, dates and our Epic Protein : Green Kingdom into delicious dessert snacks that are packed with complete organic protein and exotic whole superfoods. Enjoy!
- 2 cups finely shredded dried coconut
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup soft medjool dates, pitted (if not soft, soak them for 30 minutes in filtered water and drain well)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lime juice (or as needed)
- 2 Tbsp lime zest
- 4 scoops Epic Protein : Green Kingdom
- Combine coconut and flaxseed in the food processor and process until well blended and the consistency of flour.
- Add the dates, lime juice and zest, sea salt, extract and Epic Protein : Green Kingdom and process until smooth and starting to hold together when squeezed (if it is not holding together add a little more juice).
- Roll into 12 balls and then roll in the coconut powdered sugar. To make coconut powdered sugar, add 1 cup finely shredded, dried unsweetened coconut to a high speed blender and blend until it is powder (but not too long or you will get butter)
Makes 12 doughnut holes.
Store extra in the fridge.