- 1.5 cups cooked grain (brown rice or quinoa)
- 1/2 head of a cauliflower, florets
- 1/2 of an English Cucumber, chopped small
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion (or 1 bunch of green onions), chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
For The Dressing
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or raw, apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 small clove of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- For the salad base, start by preparing your grain of choice according to package directions.
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower florets until crumbled like grains of rice, and then transfer the “cauliflower rice” to a large bowl.
- Combine with the cooked grain of choice, and mix well.
- For the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and combine thoroughly (note: add dressing only to the amount of salad you plan on eating; save the rest separately).
Stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
With origins in ancient Rome, cooking with flowers is a culinary tradition enjoyed by cultures worldwide, including China, the Middle…
Over the past several years, meal replacements have become quite the thing. They’re everywhere, from health food markets to convenience…