- 1.5 cups cooked grain (brown rice or quinoa)
- 1/2 head of a cauliflower, florets
- 1/2 of an English Cucumber, chopped small
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion (or 1 bunch of green onions), chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
For The Dressing
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or raw, apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 small clove of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- For the salad base, start by preparing your grain of choice according to package directions.
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower florets until crumbled like grains of rice, and then transfer the “cauliflower rice” to a large bowl.
- Combine with the cooked grain of choice, and mix well.
- For the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and combine thoroughly (note: add dressing only to the amount of salad you plan on eating; save the rest separately).
Stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
For thousands of years, all across the world, people have been consuming turmeric. But thanks to social media, the spice’s…
We all know green tea offers numerous health advantages. From low key benefits like increasing alertness to bolder claims like…