- 2 heaping cups (240 grams) raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) raw pecans
- 4 tablespoons grade B maple syrup, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3-4 vanilla beans, cut with seeds scraped out
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spread out the walnuts and pecans and roast for 10 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the nuts and syrup to a food processor and pulse until puréed, smooth and no longer crumbly, scraping the sides as necessary. This may take a few minutes depending on your processor.
- Slice the vanilla beans down the middle and scrape all the seeds out with a spoon. Be sure to get them all out. Add the cinnamon, salt and vanilla seeds to the food processor. Process until smooth and creamy, again scraping the sides as necessary. It should reach a thick, paste-like consistency.
- Spread on toast, bagels, crackers or anything you would normally put nut butter on!
Freeze-drying, or lyophilization, is the process of dehydrating already frozen food products. The outcome of this process is the inhibition…
If there is one word that could best describe the process of muscle building, it would be adaptation. But in…