This Chopped Detox Salad combines vitamin-packed cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, kale and cabbage with protein-rich hemp hearts, carrots and onions and adds a delicious citrus avocado dressing. Enjoy!
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, de-stemmed and chopped (or parsley)
- 1/2 cup raw hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
Citrus Avocado Dressing
- Flesh from 1/2 of an avocado
- 1/3 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger (or powdered)
- 1/2 tablespoon raw agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For the salad base, shred the cauliflower, kale, cabbage, carrots, onion and cilantro in a food processor.
- Add to large bowl and mix together before folding in the hemp hearts, raisins and sunflower seeds.
- For the dressing, add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined.