This Chocolate Mint Gelato is a fresh and delicious vegan dessert that combines ripe avocados, coconut milk, fresh mint and cacao powder, loading it with healthy fats, antioxidants and robust flavor. Enjoy!
- 3 ripe avocadoes, diced
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (if you want to make it raw, use raw coconut milk, 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves or 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- In a high speed blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into an ice cream maker, and process according to directions.
- Once churned, pour into a freezer safe container with a lid, cover and chill until scoopable (mine took about 6 hours, it depends on how firm it is out of the ice cream maker).
Makes about 4 cups.