- 1 ½ cups fresh dates, packed & pitted
- 1 cup warm water (to soak dates)
- 1 cup cashews
- ⅓ cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup Epic Protein : Chocolate Maca
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Combine the dates and warm water in a small bowl. Let stand for about 5 minutes until dates are soft. Remove water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the cashew and oats in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the dates, protein powder, cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, coconut, vanilla and salt.
- Process until the dates are finely chopped and blended and the mixture begins to stick together. Transfer the mixture to the lined loaf pan. It will be crumbly at first.
- Use parchment paper or wax paper on top of the bar mixture to pack and flatten the mixture evenly in the pan; leave the paper to cover.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or more until firm. Using the edges of the paper liner, lift the mixture from the pan and uncover. Cut into individual bars.
Makes 12-16 bars.
Store in the refrigerator up to 5 days or freeze to have on hand ALWAYS.
With origins in ancient Rome, cooking with flowers is a culinary tradition enjoyed by cultures worldwide, including China, the Middle…
Over the past several years, meal replacements have become quite the thing. They’re everywhere, from health food markets to convenience…