These Chocolate Covered Protein Truffles are the perfect healthy treat to curb your sweet tooth. They’re packed with protein, superfoods and healthy fats, which provide lasting energy without the crash. The best part? You only need 5 simple ingredients and there’s no baking required!
- 8 medjool dates, pitted and soaked
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup Epic Protein : Vanilla Lucuma
- 2 chocolate for melting
- flakey sea salt for topping
- Pit and soak dates for 20-30 minutes.
- In a food processor, add dates almond butter and protein powder. Mix until well combined scraping the edges if needed.
- Roll dough into balls of desired size.
- Let set in freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate and coat balls. Top with sea salt.
- Place back in freezer for 10 minutes to set. 7. Enjoy and store in fridge!
ABOUT THE CHEF
This is a guest recipe from Danielle Bear (@cacaoforcoconuts_). Danielle is a food lover on a mission to fuel her body and mind through a healthy lifestyle. She’s inspired by the beauty in everything, especially pretty food and hopes to create nourishing recipes that everyone can appreciate and enjoy.