- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup dates (soaked in hot water for 5 minutes and drained to help soften and add moisture)
- 1 serving Epic Protein : Chocolate Maca
- 1 tbsp Dandy Blend Instant Herbal Coffee Alternative, or 1-2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1/4 tsp Ancho chili powder (or any chili powder)
- pinch of salt
- Begin by adding the almonds to the food processor and processing until a course meal is formed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until the “dough” can stick together.
- Spoon out using a tablespoon and roll into balls and store in the fridge or freezer.
- Optionally roll them in cacao powder, chopped nuts, sesame seeds, or coconut shreds.
Makes approx. 12 bites.
Whether for a hearty lunch or a light dinner, salads are chock full of health, can be customized in endless…
It’s perfectly fine to give into your sweet tooth every now and then. But if calorie-dense, sugar-laden treats have become…