- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup dates (soaked in hot water for 5 minutes and drained to help soften and add moisture)
- 1 serving Epic Protein : Chocolate Maca
- 1 tbsp Dandy Blend Instant Herbal Coffee Alternative, or 1-2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1/4 tsp Ancho chili powder (or any chili powder)
- pinch of salt
- Begin by adding the almonds to the food processor and processing until a course meal is formed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until the “dough” can stick together.
- Spoon out using a tablespoon and roll into balls and store in the fridge or freezer.
- Optionally roll them in cacao powder, chopped nuts, sesame seeds, or coconut shreds.
Makes approx. 12 bites.
If your new year’s resolution is to live more sustainably, look no further than your own kitchen. Composting your fruit…
The liver is a powerhouse organ and is the body’s main detoxifier. Aside from being your own personal filtration system,…