For the Carrot Cake
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 cups of fresh dates (I used medjool)
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- fresh slice of ginger
- dash of turmeric
For the Vanilla Orange Cashew Frosting
- 2 cups cashews, soaked
- 1 cup fresh dates (medjool)
- a small stem of vanilla or vanilla paste
- fresh squeezed juice from 4 oranges
- zest of 1 orange
- dash of nutmeg
- water as needed
- To make the carrot cake, put everything in the food processor and process until the desired texture is reached. (about 5-10 minutes for a cake-like texture)
- Form the cake by hand onto a large tray.
- Place cake in the refrigerator until frosting is ready.
- To make the vanilla orange cashew frosting, blend everything is a blender until silky smooth. (add water as necessary to reach desired smooth consistency)
- Use butter knife to coat the cake with the frosting.
Garnish with pecans, as desired.
With origins in ancient Rome, cooking with flowers is a culinary tradition enjoyed by cultures worldwide, including China, the Middle…
Over the past several years, meal replacements have become quite the thing. They’re everywhere, from health food markets to convenience…