For the Carrot Cake
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 cups of fresh dates (I used medjool)
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- fresh slice of ginger
- dash of turmeric
For the Vanilla Orange Cashew Frosting
- 2 cups cashews, soaked
- 1 cup fresh dates (medjool)
- a small stem of vanilla or vanilla paste
- fresh squeezed juice from 4 oranges
- zest of 1 orange
- dash of nutmeg
- water as needed
- To make the carrot cake, put everything in the food processor and process until the desired texture is reached. (about 5-10 minutes for a cake-like texture)
- Form the cake by hand onto a large tray.
- Place cake in the refrigerator until frosting is ready.
- To make the vanilla orange cashew frosting, blend everything is a blender until silky smooth. (add water as necessary to reach desired smooth consistency)
- Use butter knife to coat the cake with the frosting.
Garnish with pecans, as desired.
Coconut water has risen to prominence over recent years. You’ll find this tasty, tropical beverage at nearly every health food…
With origins in ancient Rome, cooking with flowers is a culinary tradition enjoyed by cultures worldwide, including China, the Middle…