For the Carrot Cake
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 cups of fresh dates (I used medjool)
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- fresh slice of ginger
- dash of turmeric
For the Vanilla Orange Cashew Frosting
- 2 cups cashews, soaked
- 1 cup fresh dates (medjool)
- a small stem of vanilla or vanilla paste
- fresh squeezed juice from 4 oranges
- zest of 1 orange
- dash of nutmeg
- water as needed
- To make the carrot cake, put everything in the food processor and process until the desired texture is reached. (about 5-10 minutes for a cake-like texture)
- Form the cake by hand onto a large tray.
- Place cake in the refrigerator until frosting is ready.
- To make the vanilla orange cashew frosting, blend everything is a blender until silky smooth. (add water as necessary to reach desired smooth consistency)
- Use butter knife to coat the cake with the frosting.
Garnish with pecans, as desired.
Boost Any Recipe
Eating right isn’t only vital for your physical health, but your mental health as well. Food can directly affect everything…
Whether you’re brand new to the lifestyle or you’ve been vegan for many years, the holiday season can be tough.…