This Berry Energy Bowl will nourish you for the day ahead or provide fuel for your intense workout thanks to the combination of leafy greens, frozen berries and maca powder, a rich source of energy. Enjoy!
- 2 large or 3 small frozen bananas, pre-sliced
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup of spinach or kale
- 3 teaspoons hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- splash (1/4-1/3 cup) unsweetened vanilla almond milk or water
- Take the frozen bananas out of the freezer and let sit for ~10 minutes before blending.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and pulse/blend until smooth, being sure to scrape and work the ingredients so that everything gets blended thoroughly but remains thick.
- Pour into bowl, top away with your favorite toppings (shown with pomegranate seeds, strawberries, cacao nibs, coconut flakes and spoonful of sunflower butter!).
Makes 1 large bowl.