- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed organic coconut sugar or dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup pure grade a maple syrup or agave will work
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon packed vegan buttery spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients, except the coconut sugar, until well mixed.
- In a large bowl, beat together the vegan butter, maple syrup and coconut sugar until creamy. Beat in the vanilla. Now carefully fold in the dry ingredients with a spoon until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Start by adding half of the dry ingredients, folding them in, then adding in the other half.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls using a melon scooper or other spoon onto the prepared sheet pan. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden and the tops are slightly cracked. They will still look a little underdone when you remove them. Do not over bake them (common cookie error); they will harden while cooling.
- Let them cool at least 10 minutes and transfer them to cool completely on a rack.
Freeze-drying, or lyophilization, is the process of dehydrating already frozen food products. The outcome of this process is the inhibition…
If there is one word that could best describe the process of muscle building, it would be adaptation. But in…