For the Salad
- 2 heaping cups of sliced assorted bell peppers
- One 5 oz container of greens
- 1 honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
For the Dressing
- 2 cups raw whole pecans (214 g, 7.5 oz)
- 3 tablespoons organic yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoons raw agave (or preferred liquid sweetener)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- Add the pecans to a food processor and process until a smooth paste forms and there are no small pieces left. Pecans process and turn the smoothest the easiest and quickest out of most nuts and work best in this dressing.
- After the pecans are a nice and smooth consistency, add the remaining dressing ingredients and process until a thoroughly smooth consistency. Taste and add any more salt or water to thin out, if desired.
- In a large bowl, place greens.
- Slice bell peppers and apples and add on top of greens.
- Pour dressing over salad and sprinkle extra chili powder if desired for more heat
Gluten-free, Raw and Oil-free
Freeze-drying, or lyophilization, is the process of dehydrating already frozen food products. The outcome of this process is the inhibition…
If there is one word that could best describe the process of muscle building, it would be adaptation. But in…